Welcome! I'm so glad you have decided to learn a little more about me and my photography. First and foremost, I am a mom of two light-hearted and active little boys! It's the greatest job in the world and certainly allows me to continually live behind my lens. Life moves so quickly, capturing each special moment helps us to slow down and appreciate our little family. My love for photography started over fifteen years ago when I took my first dark room class. Since then, I have clicked everything from food to landscape to portraits. I began snapping professionally a little over a year ago and have not looked back. I absolutely love letting each persons individuality come through and light up my lens!
My style is an ever evolving work in progress. With each shoot, families teach me something new as I capture their unique personalities and stories. My photos are light and airy and while I appreciate some posing, I much prefer to capture families in their element, just being themselves. Second to working hands-on with families, I absolutely love the editing process! Using light retouching as well as some of my favorite filters, each photoshoot is catered specifically to each client.
A few fun facts about me...
- My husband and I could eat pizza every single day. Every. Single. Day. (New York style, of course!).
- I graduated Magna Cum Laude with a teaching degree in elementary education (which comes in handy when working with little ones!).
- I used to be a vegetarian but couldn't resist a cheeseburger when I got pregnant with Luca (and then couldn't give it up afterwards!)
- Catching fireflies in our yard on a warm summer night with my boys, a glass of wine, and our Adirondack chairs is my perfect idea of "date night" (my, oh my, how things have changed!)
- Life philosophy: One is never too full for potato chips!